Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle



So I've been trying to do this update thing for 3 days now ha. I have lots to tell you! How was your 4th? We had a pretty good one. It started at 8am. Jason had off, and when he woke up and walked out of the bedroom that early fully dressed, I knew he had to leave. But he didn't, he was ready to go to the beach for the in tire day. But I didn't know that yet. We get everyone dressed, and pack our bag because I knew we were going to end up at the beach eventually. So we are all in the car and out the door at 9:30am. I thought we were going to go to the parade here in town. But we went to Walmart, well only Jason went in. We he came back out and we left, he passed the exit to go watch the parade so I thought, maybe we were going to go to another parade so I didn't say anything. Finally almost to orange county, I ask, where are you going? He says to the beach. So I kinda freaked out a bit. I have sun screen, but there's no way that I can sit in the sun for that long and not walk a way a lobster. I wish I had said something earlier to him about where he was going. So we stopped at another walmart and got a beach umbrella, and that was good, it kept the kids and I out of the sun completely. They had a lot of fun, and Savannah ... well she doesn't like the ocean touching her or the sand for that matter. Cheyenne well .. she's a fish just like Tyler. Finally after hours of watching her brother and her sister playing in the sand and having tons of fun, Savannah got up of the safe zone (the towels) and played in the sand. ONLY in one spot though ha ha she didn't move to any other spot. She sat there and made a mound with sand. The fire works were awesome! The twins were both just in awment of them. I thought for sure Savannah would freak out but she was yaying them. She really loved them. Cheyenne watched them, but I think she wanted to just play in the sand. silly girl! Tyler just loves everything. There were two boys who where sitting behind us, and they kept talking, it was really bothering Tyler. He turned around and said "Can you shush and watch the fire works please!" I giggled a little bit and said Tyler, you shush and watch the fire works ha ha. That was our 4th. The twins were asleep by the time we got back to the car and Tyler was asleep before moving the car into drive. It was a long day, but a great family day.


So The twins are highly into Dora the explore. Savannah will scream with excitement any time she See's Dora, and if its on T.V. watch out, and you had BETTER not change that channel! Or she will cry and cry and cry until its back on! Well .. they have been in there converted cribs for a while now. And they are excellent for a toddler bed. A little high off the ground but they never fell out, and were ok in them. HOWEVER ... they still have the high sides and the high back to it. So my girls .. they think they are monkeys. And they climb up the sides and the backs, and have even gotten there legs stuck inside the rails while climbing up them. All while they are suppose to be napping. So I have been watching craig's list for Dora toddler beds. They are only $50 in the store brand new (kinda cheap set up as well) but when you have twins, a son, and two step daughters, and only one parent working in the house; everything on a strict budget. I've seen many on Craigslist but they wanted 40 bucks for it. Come on! This is an online garage sale. WELL .. I found one down by where Jason works for $30 but it came with a mattress (which we didn't need, but took because of the deal and the quality of the mattress), the Dora bed, and the Dora bedding set all for the $30 bucks! The Dora bedding set is $40 in the store! So I thought darn that's a good deal! Jason picked it up and brought it home, but we were unable to set it up because only having one they would fight and that's not fair. So he thought that I was going to bug him until we got another one. I told him no, no need to worry about that unless I find another deal like that one! And I didn't bug him either. I know the concept of money and not having any HA! So last night, Im making home made sloppy joes, and he starts freaking out .. Aimee COME HERE .. he found another bed. But they wanted $30 for just the bed. I said that's not a very good deal Jas. Well, he sent the dude an email anyways. I got a reply this morning, and called Jason to tell him. Well he went to look at the bed and came home with it, but not just that, he also came home with a wooden Dora toy box! FOR THE $30 bucks! That's what I call a bargain! Just the bed alone .. not a bargain ... bed plus wooden toy box .. bargain! So we got two beds, one bedding set, and a toy box for $60 dollars! If we would have bought them in the store, it would have been around $200.00!!! We set up the beds and took down the cribs today as soon as he got home. And well .. the twins kind of looked at each other like I'll get up there if you get up there HA HA so Jason picks up Savannah and lays her down, the Cheyenne just climbed up on her own. They really liked there beds, but didn't nap today! So they are extremely crabby and tired and driving mommy a little nuts! I sure hope bed time sure isn't like nap time! Or I'll put the cribs back up teehee .. nah .. im sure its just something new and it will take some getting use to. Just have to have the patents.

Well Kailey and Tylers birthday is coming upon us rather quickly isn't it! Kailey's is the 4th and Tyler's is the 10th! Tyler wants a spongebob bedding set including a new pillow and a spongebob lamp. The kid doesn't ask for much, but when he does holly cow its expensive. So starts my craiglist watching again haha! I have no idea what Kailey wants. Maybe one of you could help me out with that! Tyler starts school August 13th, so I don't think he will be getting that spongebob bedding set from us. Will be school clothes. Which my poor son is lacking in the clothes department rather badly. He's really sprouted up ward! He wears a 7 shirt and I bought him size 5 pants last year for school and they still fit around his 2t waist ha but not his length. He's so tiny around his waist! So Im no sure what Im going to do with him. Im sure he will have to go shopping with me to try everything on, and probably have to buy things long so it will fit him all year this time! And the poor kid is still in 3t shorts. They are so tight on him, I feel so badly for him. What do you do, can't afford clothes. But im watching a few things and watch for garage sales near us. Not many boy clothes though. Bummer. Other than that, Tyler is having issues with jealousy. He's a great son and an excellent helper to me, but he doesn't like to share anything, or mom for that matter. I don't know why all of a sudden this came on, but I hope its just a stage!

Ok so onto the Twinkle Twinkle. Im teaching the girls how to sing twinkle twinkle little star. Savannah loves to sing, and Cheyenne, enjoys it. So I leave you now from my extremely long update with Savannah singing Twinkle Twinkle little star to everyone! Have a wonderful week and weekend!


0 comments: